Boxing is one of the earliest combat sports in the world’s history. Highly competitive and action-packed, the sport is played in quite a few countries around the world. Boxing has an amazing capacity to build strength in your muscles and improve your endurance and stamina. That’s why it is no longer exclusive to athletes. More and more people include boxing workouts in their routines.
A boxing workout is a series of boxing moves that involve bodyweight movements, punches, and different body positions. Boxing exercises are high-intensity circuit movements using a range of movements that are choreographed to be defensive. Since it has become quite a common workout these days, you can easily learn this at your gym or through online boxing classes.
Boxing workouts can be done at the gym and through online boxing classes. Here is how you can do boxing exercises at home:
1. For your fitness boxing workouts at home, you need to choose a spacious, inspiring, airy, and well-lit space. 2. The spot that you choose for your boxing workouts shouldn’t have any heavy furniture or objects with sharp edges. This allows for free movement. 3. To learn boxing workouts online, get hold of some good video apps. 4. You will need boxing workout videos to learn the techniques and steps to do this workout at home. 5. Getting a friend to do boxing training at home will help you keep engaged and avoid frequent breaks.
Boxing exercises are extremely versatile and customizable for a wide category of people. These include:
1. Children as young as 10 years can learn an online boxing workout. 2. Seniors can easily take up boxing exercises. 3. Pregnant women can take up boxing training at home, but with some modifications. 4. People who have undergone recent surgery and are recovering can take online boxing lessons. 5. Those who are overweight and want to get a toned body can learn boxing and practice it. 6. People who want to bulk up can take up boxing workouts. 7. People who feel stressed, anxious, or panicked frequently can learn to box at home. 8. Beginners who have never exercised can learn boxing easily. 9. People who have limited mobility can easily take online boxing lessons. 10. People who want to improve their stamina, endurance, and flexibility.
Certain conditions make boxing exercises too strenuous for some people. Those who should avoid boxing fitness workouts include:
1. People who are sleep-deprived or fatigued must avoid boxing workouts. 2. Those suffering from fever, flu, or cold should not practice a boxing fitness workout. 3. People with heart disease or spondylitis, asthma, hernia, or orthopaedic issues must avoid boxing exercises. 4. Those who have recently suffered an injury, especially to their head, neck, spine, or arms, must avoid these workouts. 5. If you are suffering from severe stress, anxiety, or panic, a boxing workout may increase your risk of palpitations.
Here is a list of some of the most effective boxing fitness workouts:
1. Boxing workouts with cross-body punches 2. Boxing workout with squats and plank jacks 3. Boxing exercises with Mountain Climber 4. Boxing exercises with push-ups
Here is a step-by-step explanation of the most impactful boxing exercises. These include a full routine of cardio and boxing exercises for better results.
Boxing workouts with cross-body punch: One of the most effective boxing workouts for beginners strengthens your upper body and helps you lose weight. This is also amongst the most effective cardio boxing workouts. Start with arm circles. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and begin to circle your arms in both directions. Follow this up with hip circles. Bend your knees and slowly circle them out for a full rotation. Alternate between right and left sides. Start with cross-body punches. Lift your hands in front of your chin and start punching across your body.
Duration: 3-4 minutes Sets: 2-3 sets of 3-4 reps
Boxing workout with squats and plank jacks: This is a beginner boxing workout that helps in improving your posture, building the strength of your core muscles, and enhancing your balance and flexibility. This is a great cardio boxing workout that helps in toning your body. It is amongst the best chest workout that help in building your upper body muscles. Start this easy boxing workout by standing in a boxer’s stance and punch four straight punches. Follow this up with a squat and punch again. Hop back and stand and continue to punch. Come in a plank position on your fists or forearms. Keep your body in a straight line and engage your core. Jump your feet out wide and bring them back. Punch again. You can do lead uppercuts or lead hooks.
Duration: 5-6 minutes Sets: 5 sets of 3-4 reps
Boxing exercises with Mountain Climber: One of the best boxing for fitness workouts combines the benefits of boxing and the Mountain Climber routine. This also serves as an abs workout and strength training exercise, utilizes multiple muscle groups, and strengthens your arms, core, back, and shoulders. Start by standing in a boxing stance and begin punching out and around a hook. Squat and keep punching. To begin the Mountain Climber routine, one of the best lower body workouts, come into a plank position. Keep your fists directly under your shoulders, bring one knee to the chest, and take it back again. Speed up the process to imitate the action of running. Get up in the boxing stance and start punching.
Duration: 5-6 minutes Sets: 4 sets of 2-3 reps
Boxing exercises with push-ups: This routine is one of the most powerful compound exercises to do. This includes push-ups that are amongst the best upper body workouts. This workout also helps in strengthening your lower back and core. Start by standing in a boxing stance and begin punching. Follow this up with a squat and continue punching. Get back to the stance and repeat the squat and punch sequence. Now get on the ground and bring your body in a push-up position. Keep your fists directly under your shoulders and put your weight on your knees. Keep your body straight and core engaged. Bend your elbows gently and lower your body. Push back to the starting position. Get back in the boxer stance and punch.
Duration: 6-7 minutes Sets: 3 sets of 3-4 reps
Since all these boxing workouts involve various routines, you can either learn them from an experienced trainer or join online boxing classes.
Boxing workouts have tremendous benefits for your mind and body. Here are some of the most important reasons why you should take up boxing classes online:
These workouts are easy to access and learn. You can learn to box at home with a trainer. Alternatively, you can take online boxing lessons. Boxing workouts improve your hand-eye coordination and balance. This helps in reducing the risk of injuries through falls. Boxing workout for beginners helps in inducing a fitter way of life. Especially for people who have never exercised, taking boxing classes online is fun to start your fitness journey. These workouts are excellent for your cardiovascular health and prevent heart disease. It’s a great way to improve your blood circulation. This helps in keeping your organs functioning optimally and lets you fight infections better. Since your blood circulation is improved, your cognitive skills get better. Your concentration, memory, and creativity get better. These workouts help in making your bones and joints stronger. This prevents the risk of conditions such as arthritis and osteoporosis. People who want to lose weight can easily tone their bodies through boxing exercises. This, in turn, improves your self-confidence and inculcates a positive body image. Your muscles get stronger, and you have stronger stamina. This especially benefits people who are into sports. Boxing strengthens and stabilizes your core. This helps in reducing back pains due to postural issues and keeping your back in an optimal condition. Practising boxing workouts for beginners regularly helps in increasing your endurance in the long run. This lets you engage more in sports and helps you complete your daily tasks with energy. With an actual punching bag involved in this workout, it helps relieve you of stress and anxiety. It lets you take out your aggression and helps you feel better. Taking online boxing classes helps save time and stress of travelling to the gym and waiting in queues.
There are no intrinsic disadvantages of doing these workouts. There are just risks that occur when:
When you don’t learn the techniques of the boxing workout online properly. This leads to a risk of injuries, especially in the case of a beginner boxing workout. When you are suffering from some medical conditions and don’t consult your doctor before starting these workouts.
Whether you are taking online boxing classes or learning it in person, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Always enroll in online boxing classes that have learned and experienced trainers. 2. Start and end your workouts with a warm-up and cool-down session to reduce the risk of fatigue. 3. Have adequate rest between your workout sessions. 4. Minimize your distractions in your online boxing classes. This will help you concentrate and give better results.
1. Never start working out without the guidance of professional trainers in the gym or online boxing classes. 2. Never take too many breaks in your boxing classes online, at home, or gym. 3. Never give yourself unachievable objectives. Stagger your goals and strive to achieve them one by one. 4. Whether it is your online boxing classes or at the gym, never over-exert yourself.
Whether you are doing your workout at home through online boxing classes or at the gym, here are some things that you need to make every session count:
1. Good music. 2. Strong Internet connection to continue streaming online boxing classes. 3. Yoga mat. 4. Comfortable shoes. 5. Breathable clothes.
Boxing is an excellent way to lose weight since it is one of the few workouts to use your entire body and major muscle groups. A session of around an hour burns almost 350 to 400 calories. It is a high-intensity workout that also burns belly fat.
Whether you take online boxing classes or learn to box at home, it is one of the most effective types of workouts that exist. It has all-around benefits that help prevent several diseases, improve your overall strength & endurance, and improve your neurological functioning.
If you want to train at home, you must choose a spacious area that allows free movement. Even better is practising in front of a mirror to see your performance better. You can take boxing online classes through apps or YouTube.
Since boxing is a high-intensity workout, practising it thrice a week makes an amazing impact on your weight. Every session helps you lose quite a bit of calorie, leading to creating a calorie deficit and losing excess pounds.
When you decide to learn boxing online and practice it at home, it will be one of the best exercises that you can do. It sculpts your body, makes your mind sharper, and prevents some serious diseases. Not just this, it improves your focus and coordination, which helps in improving your creativity and productivity at work. What’s more, you get all these benefits right at the comfort of your home. Boxing workouts are super easy to do at home and give you excellent results.
How to Lose Weight | HIIT Workout | Toned Body | Body Flexibility Exercises | Calorie Burning Exercises | Physical Fitness | Physical Exercises for Kids | Dancing for Weight Loss | How to Increase Stamina for Running | Core Exercises | Butt Exercises | Chest Workout | Arm Workout | Back Exercises | Abs Workout | Thigh Exercise | Fat Burning Exercises | Dance Exercises | Kids Exercise | Mobility Exercises | Strength Training | Exercise to Reduce Belly Fat | Six Pack | Weight Loss Exercise | How to Increase Stamina
Yogasana Postures | Yoga For Weight Loss | Kids Yoga | Surya Namaskar | Yoga | Yoga For Beginners | Yoga Nidra | Music Meditation | Pranayam | Bedtime Stories | Bedtime Stories For Kids | Mindfulness Meditation | Meditation in Hindi | Sleep Meditation | Meditation
Dentist Near Me | Gynaecologist Near Me | Dermatologist Near Me | Endocrinologist Near Me | Pulmonologist Near Me | Cardiologist Near Me | Orthopedist Doctor Near Me | Thyroid Test | Pregnancy Test | Full Body Checkup | Kidney Function Test | Lipid Profile Test | Therapist Near Me | Online Counselling | Physiotherapist Near Me
Sambar | Masala Dosa | Kadai Paneer | Manchow Soup | Chicken Soup | Paneer Masala | Chicken Keema | Badam Milk | Aloo Tikki Chaat | Moong Dal Kachori | Rasmalai | Pav Bhaji | Hummus | Chocolate Ice Cream | Mango Ice Cream | Mango Cake | Paneer | Macaroons | Chicken Biryani | Shawarma