Sugar Free Mango Cake
With summers around the corner, all we can think of is the golden, ripe, and juicy mangoes. Mango, the king of fruits, is a delight to all. We have all enjoyed eating the fruit as it is or as a shake. Mango tart, pudding, and mousse are some other popular mango flavored desserts that we often indulge in. How about we up our game and use the delicate and pulpy mangoes to make a Sugar free mango cake
Mangoes are a delightful treat in the scorching summers. The delicious and tasty fruit makes an equally yummy dessert that kids and adults love. With high nutritional value and health benefits, mangoes are a popular sweet alternative for your dessert cravings.
We have all tried the popular and traditional cakes like Chocolate Mug Cake
, Chocolate Cake
, Banana cake
, Apple Upside Down Cake
, or even No Bake Cheesecake
. It is time we get creative with our favorite fruit, the mangoes, and bake a sugar free mango cake.
Sugar Free Mango Cake Recipe
If you are craving a cake but worried about high sugar intake, it is time you try the mango cake recipe with zero added sugar and satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt trip. The good thing about the eggless mango cake is that anyone who has diabetes can enjoy the delicious cake without worrying about the spike in blood sugar levels. Tailored for fitness freaks, the eggless mango cake recipe uses wheat flour instead of the refined flour. With zero added sugar and no refined flour, you must try the sugar free mango cake to know what the fuss is about!
Eggless Mango cake Ingredients
Wheat Flour (Atta) 1.5 cups
Jaggery powder 0.5 cups
Salt 1 pinch
Refined Oil 4 tbsp.
Skim Milk 0.25 cups
Pulpy Mango 3 units
Chopped Nuts 2 tbsp.
Cream frosting 300g
Baking Soda 1tsp.
Mango cake Recipe
1. Start with choosing fresh and pulpy mangoes for the eggless mango cake. Wash and peel the mangoes. Cut out the flesh and discard the seeds. Now, add the scooped mango flesh to a blender and make a smooth mango puree. 2. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease a cake tin with some oil and keep it aside.
2. Combine wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl, and set aside.
3. Take another bowl and add jaggery powder and oil to it. Whisk them together until the jaggery powder dissolves completely. Slowly add the mango puree and skim milk to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Now, it is time to mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Add the flour, part by part, to the batter and mix using the cut and fold method. The batter should be slightly thick.
5. Pour the batter into the greased cake tin. Remember not to tap. Let the cake bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick, and if it comes out clean, the sugar free mango cake is baked.
6. Take out the tin from the oven and let the cake cool down completely in the tin. Once cooled, demould the cake and slice it horizontally to divide the cake into two equal layers.
7. On a cake stand or serving plate, place the lower cake slice and spread the cream frosting evenly. Place the other cake slice on the top.
8. Garnish with mango cube pieces and chopped nuts. Serve the tasty sugar free mango cake.
An incredible moist mango cake nestled between layers of cream frosting, topped with nuts and mango chunks, calls all the mango lovers! You can enjoy the sugar free mango cake along with your evening tea or bake the mango cake at home and serve it as a dessert when you have guests over.
Tips for making the best mango cake
The mango flavour cake is a delicate and sweet delicacy you can enjoy without counting the calories. The mango cake recipe is similar to a pound cake
with a few variations here and there. Few tips you can use for an easy mango cake recipe are:
You can use different ingredients like cardamom powder or vanilla essence to tweak the flavor as per your taste. Go creative with your culinary skills, after all, we are baking a mango flavor cake.
Make sure to taste the mangoes you are using for the cake, or you may end up using bland, tasteless ones.
You can skip the cream frosting if you want. The cake tastes good plain too, or you can also frost the cake with your choice of frosting.
Both baking soda and baking powder are required and cannot be substituted for each other.
The mango cake recipe can be baked in a pressure cooker but not in microwave mode.
Store the mango cake in an airtight container, and it will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Do not freeze the cake.
Health Benefits of Mango Cake
The sugar free mango cake not only tastes delicious but is packed with goodness. Mangoes are an excellent source of vitamin C and carry various antioxidants responsible for boosting immunity. A summer fruit, the mangoes are known to prevent dehydration and give a punch of freshness in the scorching heat. Along with this, mangoes are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin B-6, vitamin K, folate, potassium, fibers, and minerals.
With ingredients such as mangoes, jaggery powder, skim milk, and wheat flour, our mango cake recipe is perfect for a guilt-free indulgence. The sugar free mango cake is a healthy addition to the diet even when you are on a weight loss journey.
Low on calories and high on nutritional value, the mango cake is here to replace the processed desserts and cakes you see all around! You can use the cake as a post-workout treat, and it will help you recover after a good workout session.
With the summers in full swing, now is the best time to bake the refreshing sugar free mango cake. The sweet-tart mango flavor cake is irresistible, and you won’t be able to stop at a bite.