When you have gathered misal pav ingredients in one place, start with the cooking process as per the misal pav recipe mentioned below.
Take a large wok and add refined oil to it.
Add jeera, curry leaves, and mustard seeds to oil and let it splutter.
Add spices like garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and chilli powder to the mix.
Continuously sautee for a minute until it is aromatic.
Add misal pav masala paste made up of onions, ginger, garlic, tomato, coconut, and water to the mix.
Make misal pav masala using finely chopped onions, green chilis, ginger, garlic, and coconut. Add water to this misal pav masala to cook it properly.
Keep mixing and cooking it well until oil separates from the mix.
Add a small piece of jaggery, cooked sprouts, and salt to taste.
Mix it well.
Cover with a lid and allow it to cook for 10 minutes until misal is completely cooked.
Take it out on a serving plate and sprinkle some farsan over it.
Garnish with coriander leaves and finely chopped onions.
Add gravy from the sides.
Serve with lemon juice sprinkled over it.
It is an easy-to-follow and cooks misal pav recipe. If you are a beginner, you can also watch a misal pav recipe video that will give you a good idea of how each recipe process is completed.
Many people look for authentic misal pav recipes to prepare this dish with the same taste as available on Mumbai and Pune's roadside restaurants. Watching a nicely made misal pav recipe video is also one of the best ways to bring out the dish's authentic flavour.
If you are looking for a traditional misal pav ki recipe made in Maharashtrian households, you will have to check out reputed sites where expert cooks share complete recipes and tips to make it more delectable. Maharashtrian women make special misal pav to mark certain occasions and festivals.
Besides using the best misal pav recipe, you can also experiment a little and prepare other breakfast snacks popular in India.
- Just like misal pav, pav bhaji is also relished with soft, fluffy pav. Its bhaji is made using a variety of vegetables that enhance its nutritional value. A lot of butter is also added to bring out its flavour. The pav bhaji recipe is less elaborate than the misal pav ki recipe.
Pav Bhaji Fondue
- Although fondue is a unique Swiss cheese-based recipe, a little experimentation makes it ideally suitable for Indian palates. A lot of cheese is added to the bhaji or misal to enhance its flavour. The entire mix turns out to be cheesy and mushy. People across all ages relish it but especially liked by kids. Cheese spread can add cheesy texture to misal or any fondue, and enjoy its amazing, lip-smacking taste.
- It is a tangy and spicy recipe made using sweet potatoes. Dabeli is a cuisine from the Kutch area of Gujarat. It is a popular street snack that is now enjoyed all over the country. It is also enjoyed with a bun.
- Who doesn't enjoy gorging on vadas with sambar? If you are an ardent vada fan, try no-fry vada that is excellent in taste but low in calories. Instead of deep-frying it, use cooking mediums like steaming, baking, etc., to make these vadas. This way, you will not feel guilty when enjoying it.
- A sandwich is a quintessential breakfast recipe that is enjoyed all over the world. Try different fillings like veggies, cheese, potatoes, and more to make it more tempting. You can pack it in your kids' tiffin and ensure they are enjoying a filling breakfast necessary for their growth.
- People love another breakfast recipe that is very popular in Indian homes, Kanda poha. It is made up of puffed rice and lightly sauteed onions or Kanda that enhances its taste and flavour. It is also a mouth-watering, light-in-weight breakfast recipe. Kids love Kanda poha in tiffins.
So, after making misal pav using an easy misal pav recipe, try out these other Indian breakfast options. All these recipes are very easy to make at home, and following step-by-step instructions will help you bring out the best flavour. Follow the recipes perfectly to get the authentic taste you want in the dish.
In these modern times, learning how to cook has become simpler than ever. Instead of cooking classes, you can watch well-curated cooking videos that show you every step of preparing a recipe. Watching a nice video, you can thus make delectable misal pav at home.