What is Paneer Bhurji?
The word Bhurji means something scrambled. It is often associated with the Egg Bhurji or Anda Bhurji recipe. However, here is another type of bhurji that will capture your taste buds: Paneer Bhurji! The healthy variation of the paneer bhurji recipe serves homemade paneer in a tangy, sliced, and savoury mix of onions ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, and green chillies along with some spices. It can be served with any type of roti for lunch or dinner. Paneer ki bhurji also makes for a quick and healthy mid-day meal.
Paneer is a crucial ingredient in Paneer Bhurji. So let’s take a closer look at paneer and how it came to be a part of the staple diet in the Indian subcontinent. Paneer, also known as Cottage Cheese is made by curdling hot milk with lime juice, yoghurt, vinegar, or citric acid. Cubed paneer is usually firm and does not crumble easily. A paneer dish is often judged by how fluffy and soft the cheese is. Paneer was introduced to Indian cuisine by the Afghan and Persian rulers in the 16th century. The word paneer originates from the word “peynir” which means cheese in Persian and Turkish languages. In no time recipes like Paneer Tikka
and Kadai Paneer
became an important part of Indian cuisine. The paneer bhurji recipe is considered to be the easiest of the lot.
Homemade Paneer Recipe:
The best paneer is always the homemade version. It is as easy to make and you can be assured of the taste and quality. Some popular recipes that encourage the use of Homemade Paneer
include Paneer Korma
, Paneer Masala
, Shahi Paneer
or Mattar Paneer
and so on. Fortunately, making paneer at home is as easy as 123.
Tip: The strained water from homemade paneer can be put aside and used later for making Rotis
Once you get the hang of making paneer at home, you will never buy paneer from a store ever again!
Nutritional Facts of Paneer Bhurji
One serving of the paneer bhurji dhaba style recipe comprises 370 calories. Here is a break down of all the nutrients offered by one serving of this healthy and tasty recipe:
· Calories: 370
· Proteins: 10.4 grams
· Carbohydrates: 10.9 grams
· Fiber: 0.9 grams
· Fat: 31.7 grams
Paneer Bhurji is also a great source of several minerals and vitamins. It is rich in Vitamin A, B, and C. It is also a great source of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Adding Paneer Bhurji to your weekly meals is a great way
It is low in carbs, making it a great meal for weight loss. The potassium present in the Paneer bhurji also helps control high blood pressure. With the best paneer bhurji recipe on hand, you no longer have to worry about your health!
Fast And Easy Paneer Bhurji Recipe
Let’s take a look at the popular paneer bhurji recipe.
Paneer Bhurji Ingredients:
· 2 tablespoons oil
· 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
· 1 finely chopped onion
· 1 finely chopped tomato
· 1 finely chopped green chilli
· 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
· ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
· ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
· ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
· 2 cup paneer/cottage cheese (crumbled)
· salt to taste
· 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
· 1 teaspoon crushed kasuri methi or dry fenugreek leaves
· Place a deep pan on the stove and turn on the heat. Add the oil and sauté the cumin seeds till you catch a whiff of the aroma.
· Then add onions to the pan and sauté till it turns translucent.
· Then add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for three minutes on low heat.
· After the onions turn golden brown, add the chopped tomatoes and sauté till it becomes mushy and soft.
· Then add the red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and salt and roast the spices for a minute on a low flame before adding the crumbled paneer.
· After you add the paneer, be very careful while mixing. Cover the pan with a lid for three minutes.
· Then add the chopped coriander leaves and crushed kasuri methi leaves and mix gently.
· Remove from heat and serve paneer ki bhurji with paratha, chapathi, or any type of roti.
This paneer bhurji dhaba style is sure to be a huge hit at your home. It is yummy, healthy, and easy to make. No wonder so many people like paneer bhurji dry.
The paneer bhurji ki recipe can be modified to make it even more delicious. If you use it as a stuffing, you can make an amazing grilled paneer bhurji sabji style sandwich. Paneer ki bhurji is a versatile recipe that has been used in different ways in the Indian kitchen for several decades. You can also use the paneer bhurji recipe video for extra help to make this amazing dish.